- The meeting point for Glacier Kayak Adventure tour is at Smyrlabjörg hotel. You can find us on google maps HERE
- The meeting point for Glacier Lagoon Kayaking Jökulsárlón is at Jökulsárlón main parking lot. Trailer is located at the Glacier lagoon main parking lot and is thoroughly marked Iceguide. You can find us on google maps HERE
- The meeting point for Glacier hike and ice cave tour is at Jökulsárlón main parking lot. You can find us on google maps HERE
- Base layer (shirt and long johns) synthetic or wool.
- Mid layer such as fleece jacket,thick wool garment, primaloft jacket or similar. Second midlayer can be added for colder days. Hiking pants, fleece or softshell or similar.
- Waterproof breathable jacket like Gore-tex jacket and pants or similar.
- Light and thin quick drying pants. Wind resistant.
- Waterproof clothing on rainy days.
- Headwear and gloves.
- Socks, synthetic or wool.
- Good hiking boots are essential.The boots should be high enough to provide good ankle support
- Tennis shoes or sneakers are not appropriate shoes for this trip!
- Winter time in Iceland can be very unpredictable. Temperature in the south east coast of Iceland during the winter time is usually between -5 celsius to +5 degrees. The rule of thumb is always 3-4 layers.
- Small backpack (Can be handy to carry camera, rain gear and all extras)
Failure to show up by your scheduled departure time will result in the cancellation of your booking and the full forfeiture of your booking fee. Please be on time, we recommend at least 15 min before departure time.
We have to keep our time schedule and to do that we can not wait for participants that are late.
Be prepaired and make sure where our meeting point is and how long it takes to get there! Feel free to contact Iceguide for further information!
It can rain a lot in Iceland, we do not let rain stop us from going out and enjoy nature. Sometimes we say there is no such thing as bad weather just bad choice of clothing. Nature does not adapt to us, we have to adapt to the nature.
Of course we have safety as our top priority. If we at any point feel that conditions are not safe we cancel our tours and do our best to reschedule the tour. In case of cancellation, you´ll receive a full refund.
The town of Höfn is located 37km from our meeting points and Jökulsárlón is 77km from Jökulsárlón so we recommend all hotels and guesthouses in Höfn.
There are also farm guesthouses and acommodation closer to our meeting points. Here are few suggestions:- skalafell.is
You can book online at iceguide.is
If for some reasons you experience difficulties with booking online please contact us via phone +354 661 0900 or via our contact page
Reasonable fitness is required for the kayak tours. Overweight people can expect having problems fitting the drysuits. Our biggest suits are XXL size, for further info you can look at the GUL.COM
We have shoes from size 34-48 european size.
At the Glacier lagoon Kayaking jökulsárlón we paddle on the lake for approx 1 hour, we do not step on to the glacier/icebergs at Jökulsárlón.
In our kayak tour at Heinabergslón Glacier kayak Adventure in Heinabergslón we paddle on Heinabergslónfor about 1h 1 1/2 hour and do a short introductory walk on a giant iceberg approx. 20 min for better view and to stretch our legs.